Strategic Communications, Certificate
Among many communication strategies, you’ll learn to apply knowledge of social influence, market analysis, and the role of advertising in the free enterprise system, with a Certificate in Strategic Communications offered through Saint Louis University's School of Professional Studies. Graduates of this program will be able to enhance their technological literacy through the use of professionally appropriate software programs and communication technologies.
As part of the School for Professional Studies, this 24-credit program offers strategy-focused professionals like you a flexible option to meet your personal career goals. With six start terms each year through SLU online, you can begin working toward your degree at any time. All courses are offered entirely online in 8-week terms, making advanced education more accessible for working professionals.
Students with a minor or certificate in strategic communications learn to plan and create communications that directly support an organization’s goals. This program is excellent for individuals seeking careers in marketing, public relations and other communication departments within organizations.
- Age: 22 years or older (exceptions may be made)
- Work Experience: At least three years or the equivalent
- Education: High school diploma or composite GED score of at least 2250
- Interview: Successful completion of a meeting with an academic coach (this can be done over the phone or on campus)
- Grade Point Average: Minimum transfer cumulative GPA of 2.5 (unless qualified for conditional admittance)
- Transcript: An official transcripts from the most recent institution attended
Scholarships and Financial Aid
There are two principal ways to help finance a Saint Louis University education:
- Scholarships: awarded based on academic achievement, service, leadership and financial need. The School for Professional Studies offers numerous scholarships and awards specially for new students.
- Financial Aid: provided in the form of grants and loans, some of which require repayment.
To determine eligibility for financial assistance, submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) early for maximum consideration. FAFSA is available online at: http://www.fafsa.ed.gov
For information on other scholarships and financial aid, visit the student financial services office online at http://finaid.slu.edu.
- Graduates will be able to develop effective problem solving and critical thinking skills as applicable to academic and professional contexts and demonstrate aptitude for scientific inquiry.
- Graduates will be able to enhance technological literacy through utilization of professional appropriate computer software programs and communication technologies.
- Graduates will be able to describe the role of ethics in decision-making in multicultural, professional organizations
- Graduates will be able to apply knowledge of social influence, market analysis, organizational finance, and the role of advertising in the free enterprise system.
- Graduates will be able to make oral presentations suitable for academic and professional audiences.
|CMMK 1210||Public Speaking in Org. Life||3|
|CMMK 3010||Strategic Digital Communication||3|
|CMMK 3250||Strategic Communication Across Professional Settings||3|
|CMMK 3500||Ethics in Professional Communication||3|
|CMMK 3650||Professional Communication Between Cultures||3|
|CMMK 4150||Public Relations Principles and Practices||3|
|CMMK 4270||Advertising Principles and Practices||3|
|CMMK 4500||Persuasion in Professional Communication||3|
Students must maintain a minimum 2.00 GPA.