School for Professional Studies
This is an archived copy of the 2018-2019 catalog. To access the most recent version of the catalog, please visit http://catalog.slu.edu.
Tracy A. Chapman, Ph.D.
John P. Buerck, Ph.D.
Associate Dean of Academic Affairs
Troy Hargrove, MBA
Associate Dean of Enrollment Management and Partnerships
The School for Professional Studies offers globally accessible, academic, professional, and continuing education programs for adult learners and working students in Saint Louis University's Jesuit tradition of excellence. The faculty and staff promote a student-centered, innovative, and enterprising environment built on a foundation of integrity, accountability, and collaboration.
Features of SPS
- Online classes
- Flexible, accelerated schedule
- Affordable tuition
- Personalized, career-focused programs
- Computer Information Systems, B.S.
- Computer Information Systems, Certificate
- Computer Information Systems, Minor
- Contract Management, Certificate
- Contract Management, Minor
- Cybersecurity, Bachelor's to M.S. Accelerated Program
- Organizational Leadership & Technology, B.S.
- Organizational Leadership, Certificate
- Organizational Leadership, Minor
- Organizational Studies, B.A.
Contract Major Option
This option is for the benefit of the student who wishes to develop an academic program which is unique and interdisciplinary in nature. Based on the student's educational and career goals, this option allows the student to create a program that is personalized.
Credit for Prior Learning
Students may receive credit for prior learning from the following areas:
- Transfer credits from other accredited institutions
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP) testing
- DSST testing (formerly DANTES testing)
- Industry certifications with an external accreditor (such as an association or agency) in which the certification is received upon successful completion of a test
- Credit that is approved by the American Council of Education (ACE)
The number of total transfer credits (across all forms of prior learning) cannot exceed those permitted by Saint Louis University, SPS, or the specific program to which the credit will be counted.
Tricia Bagby, Ph.D.
John P. Buerck, Ph.D.
Judith Collins, Ph.D.
Jennifer Giancola, Ph.D.
Matthew Grawitch, Ph.D.
Keith Hacke, M.S.
Richard D. Harvey, Ph.D.
Dave Longhorn, M.S.
Joe Lyons, Ph.D.
Marita Malone, Ph.D.
Theodore Malmstrom, Ph.D.
Allison Maurer, Ph. D.
Srikanth Mudigonda, Ph.D.
Anne Offner, Ph.D.
Shannon Parker, M.B.A
Ann Rohrer, Ph.D.
Ed Sabin, Ph.D.
Tim Toennies, M.S.
Jessica Waldrop, Ph.D.
Steve Winton, Ph.D.