Academic Appeals

As a general policy, appeals to academic decisions should first be made to the faculty member or faculty committee involved and, if necessary thereafter, to the department or program chairperson, the associate dean or center director of the particular college, school, or center, and the dean, in that order.

Should students wish to pursue an additional level of appeal, the case is taken to the associate provost for academic affairs who reviews the file to determine if the process was followed. The associate provost does not overturn a decision but may send the case back to the college, school, or center if the process was not followed.

See additional information about Academic Records Revision here.