Academic Requirements for Admission
Students who have attempted post-secondary course work after completing high school are classified as transfer applicants. This policy does not include any advanced college credit earned in high school.
For most programs of study, letters of recommendation and other supporting materials are optional; however, if deemed necessary for admission consideration, a request will be made for any or all of the following: high school academic transcript, college admission test scores, personal statement, personal interview and letters of recommendation.
In general, transfer applicants must present at least a “C” grade average for overall college-level course work for admission consideration. There are specific GPA requirements that an applicant must meet in order to be considered for admission to specific academic programs of study. Please consult the particular college’s section for these requirements.
The following must be submitted before a transfer applicant can be considered for admission:
- Complete an application for admission
- Through www.slu.edu/apply.
- Through the Common Application.
- Request official transcripts from prior institutions to be sent directly to the Office of Admission. All transcripts must be received by August 15.
- Students who have completed fewer than 24 hours of transferable college credit or who have graduated high school within a year of the term for which they are applying must submit an official high school transcript as well. Beginning with the 2021-22 academic year, undergraduate applicants will not be required to submit standardized test scores (ACT or SAT) in order to be considered for admission. Applicants will be evaluated equally, with or without submitted test scores. Applicants who choose to submit ACT and/or SAT scores can have them sent electronically from the testing company or include them on official high school transcripts. Self-reported scores will also be considered.
Applicants who fail to declare previous college attendance and will be subject to dismissal from the University.
Applicants who are currently attending another college or university and are offered admission to Saint Louis University are admitted with the provision that the transfer admission requirements are maintained prior to enrollment at the University. A final transcript showing all grades must be submitted at the conclusion of the semester or term.
Degree-seeking candidates will receive an evaluation of their transferable course work after they receive their admission letter.