Entrepreneurship, Post-Baccalaureate Certificate
The post-baccalaureate certificate in entrepreneurship at Saint Louis University's Chaifetz School of Business consists of 12 credits of advanced graduate courses related to generating a business model, building and evaluating a business plan and understanding startup finance, accounting and legal issues. The certificate also includes business simulation elements and opportunities to develop a business pitch. No pre-requisite courses are required.
- Completed online application
- Official transcript(s)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Professional goal statement of fewer than 500 words
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis once all application materials are received. Application files are reviewed holistically (undergraduate performance, internship or professional experience and professional goal statement). The average time for admissions decisions is two weeks.
Requirements for International Students
Applicants who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents will also need to submit:
English Language Proficiency Scores: For non-native speakers of English, an official English Language test score report is also required and must be sent directly to the institution. Scores should be no more than two years old. This program requires a TOEFL score of 80 and an IELTS broadband of at least a 6.5, or a Duolingo score of 110.
- The Graduate Programs Office reserves the right to evaluate an applicant's English based on an admissions interview and/or an English language test. Based on the results from either or both, applicants may be referred to INTO SLU for additional coursework.
Official Academic Transcripts: An official transcript articulating both GPA and grades for all previous coursework is required and will be evaluated at the time of admission.
- The Graduate Programs Office reserves the right to request an applicant submit a WES or ECE evaluation.
Documentation of Financial Support: After an admission decision has been made and scholarship consideration has been assessed, students will need to complete an addendum form outlining certification of financial support for one year of study (if a student visa is required) submitted with the necessary documentation. Documentation will include:
A letter (declaration) of financial support from the person(s) or sponsoring agency providing funds for your tuition and living expenses for the duration of your study at Saint Louis University.
A letter (certification) from the sponsor’s bank verifying that such funds currently are available and will be so for each subsequent year of your study at this University. The financial evidence must cover at least the amount of expenses needed for the first year of your study.
Scholarships and Financial Aid
For more information about student loans, please visit the student financial services office online at http://finaid.slu.edu.
The Richard A. Chaifetz School of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the world’s largest business education alliance and accrediting body of business schools, ensuring continuous quality improvement in terms of curriculum, instructional resources, student selection, career placement and intellectual contributions and qualifications of the faculty. Fewer than 5% of business schools worldwide have achieved AACSB accreditation.
- Graduates will master the fundamentals of business as applied to their own profession.
- Graduates will develop a mindset that is innovative, proactive, customer-focused, and caring.
- Graduates will refine skills in persuasion, presentation, and business thinking to apply in their business.
- Graduates will prepare, get feedback on and refine the key documents of modern business start-ups.
- Graduates will develop a network of advisors, peers and experts to help sustain their entrepreneurial efforts.
|Required Course Options|
|MGT 6200||New Venture Initiation||3|
|MGT 6209||Managing Resources in Startups||3|
|MGT 6210||Advanced Business Plan - New Ventures||3|
|BIZ 6401||Professional Effectiveness: Business Model Design with the Lean Canvas||1|
|BIZ 6402||Professional Effectiveness: Simulation||1|
|BIZ 6403||Professional Effectiveness: Due Diligence||1|
Students must maintain a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 in all graduate/professional courses.