Changing Major/Program

Undergraduate Students

Undergraduate students request a change of major by meeting with their academic advisor and completing the Major Application Form.

Graduate Students

Classified students may petition to change the degree sought or concentration. The Petition to Amend the Graduate Program is the proper document for such a request.

Note: A new classified application is required to change primary fields. Students may also petition to continue Doctoral study immediately upon completion of a Master’s degree in the same major field. The Petition for Admission into a Doctoral Degree Program is required in this instance. Petitions are made to the college, school or center.