Time Limits on Course Work
Courses completed over ten (10) years ago may not fulfill students’ current requirements in the following programs:
- undergraduate majors,
- graduate degrees,
- undergraduate or graduate minors, and
- undergraduate or graduate certificates.
Also, additional program standards may limit the applicability of courses or degree requirements to fewer than 10 years.
For courses beyond the ten (10) year, or shorter time limits, the department will determine:
- to apply the course(s) toward requirements in the programs listed above,
- to not apply the course(s) toward requirements in the programs listed above,
- or request that students revalidate the substance of such course(s) before the outdated course(s) are applied toward requirements in the programs listed above. If offered, revalidation may include an examination, a portfolio or other academically appropriate experience.
Students whose programs, listed above, include courses that will be older than the published time limits at the expected time of graduation should consult with their advisor and major, minor or certificate department at the earliest opportunity to determine application of such courses.