College for Public Health and Social Justice
Thomas Burroughs, Ph.D.
Nancy L. Weaver, Ph.D., M.P.H.
Associate Dean of Academic and Faculty Affairs
Brian Boutwell, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Research and Corporate Partnerships
Donald M. Linhorst, Ph.D., M.S.W., ACSW
Director, School of Social Work
Rhonda BeLue, Ph.D.
Chair, Health Management and Policy
Zhengmin Qian, Ph.D., M.D.
Chair, Epidemiology and Biostatistics
Ricardo J. Wray, Ph.D., M.S.
Chair, Behavioral Science and Health Education
In 2013, the College for Public Health & Social Justice (CPHSJ) was established, unifying the School of Public Health, the School of Social Work, and the Criminology & Criminal Justice program. The social work program was established in 1930 and the M.S.W. program was first accredited that same year. It became an autonomous School of Social Service in 1964. The School of Public Health was established in 1991 and undergraduate degree programs in public health and health management date back to 2007.
The College is committed to a strong Jesuit tradition of caring and advocating for the underserved and marginalized. Each major requires a minimum of 120 credits for graduation. Service learning, practicum, immersion trips, and the opportunity to study on the Madrid Campus are additional features of the undergraduate program.
The C.P.H.S.J. is composed of five departments and one school that administer the academic programs and conduct state-of-the-art research.
Based on a commitment of service to others, we improve health and well-being locally, nationally and internationally through unique interdisciplinary approaches that inspire students, generate knowledge and engage individuals and communities.
The College for Public Health and Social Justice is fully accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH).
Most recent CEPH Self-Study - August 2017
The baccalaureate social work program at Saint Louis University has been continuously accredited since 1974.
The master’s social work program at Saint Louis University has been continuously accredited since 1930.
Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
1701 Duke Street, Suite 200
Alexandria, VA 22314-3457
The Master of Health Administration is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education.
- Biostatistics, B.S. to Health Data Science, M.S. Accelerated Program
- Criminology and Criminal Justice, B.A. to M.A. Accelerated Program
- Health Management, B.S. to Health Administration, M.H.A. Accelerated Program
- Public Health, B.S. to Public Health, M.P.H. Accelerated Program
- Social Work, B.S. to Social Work, M.S.W. Accelerated Program
- Applied Behavior Analysis, M.S.
- Biostatistics and Health Analytics, M.S.
- Criminology and Criminal Justice, M.A.
- Health Administration, M.H.A. (Executive)
- Health Administration, M.H.A.
- Public Health Studies, Ph.D.
- Public Health, M.P.H.
- Public Health, M.S.
- Social Work, M.S.W.
- Social Work, Ph.D.
- Urban Planning and Development, M.S.
Dual Degree Programs
- Health Administration, M.H.A. & Business Administration, M.B.A. Dual Degree
- Health Administration, M.H.A. & Law, J.D. Dual Degree
- Public Health, M.P.H. & Law, J.D. Dual Degree
- Public Health, M.P.H. & Medicine, M.D. Dual Degree
- Public Health, M.P.H. & Nutrition and Dietetics, M.S. Dual Degree
- Public Health, M.P.H. & Social Work, M.S.W. Dual Degree
- Public Health, M.S. & Clinical Psychology, Ph.D. Dual Degree
- Social Work, M.S.W. & Divinity, M.Div. (Concordia Seminary) Dual Degree
- Social Work, M.S.W. & Law, J.D. Dual Degree
- Social Work, M.S.W. & Pastoral Studies, M.A. (Aquinas Institute of Theology) Dual Degree
- Social Work, M.S.W. & Public Health, M.P.H. Dual Degree
- Social Work, M.S.W. & Spiritual Care with Deaconess Certification, M.A. (Concordia Seminary) Dual Degree