Project Management, Certificate
Through Saint Louis University's School for Professional Studies Certificate in Project Management, you can acquire the project management knowledge and skills needed in modern organizations. Whether in technology and manufacturing or sales and service, you’ll gain the leadership, data, and management competencies you need to succeed in this growing field.
As part of the School for Professional Studies, this 18-credit program offers you a flexible option to meet your personal career goals. With multiple start dates, you can begin working toward your certificate at any time through SLU online. All courses are offered entirely online in 8-week terms, making advanced education more accessible for working professionals.
Project management skills are needed across multiple disciplines, from technology to manufacturing, real estate to construction, and sales management to service. By 2020, the Project Management Institute projects an estimated 15.7 million vacant project management positions worldwide.
- Age: 22 years or older (exceptions may be made)
- Work Experience: At least three years or the equivalent
- Education: High school diploma or composite GED score of at least 2250
- Interview: Successful completion of a meeting with an academic coach (this can be done over the phone or on campus)
- Grade Point Average: Minimum transfer cumulative GPA of 2.5 (unless qualified for conditional admittance)
- Transcript: An official transcripts from the most recent institution attended
Scholarships and Financial Aid
There are two principal ways to help finance a Saint Louis University education:
- Scholarships: awarded based on academic achievement, service, leadership and financial need. The School for Professional Studies offers numerous scholarships and awards specially for new students.
- Financial Aid: provided in the form of grants and loans, some of which require repayment.
To determine eligibility for financial assistance, submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) early for maximum consideration. FAFSA is available online at: http://www.fafsa.ed.gov
For information on other scholarships and financial aid, visit the student financial services office online at http://finaid.slu.edu.
- Graduates will be able to describe the project management framework, addressing individual, team and organizational needs.
- Graduates will be able to integrate leadership and management competencies to influence stakeholders.
- Graduates will be able to use data to prioritize project resource requirements.
- Graduates will be able to appraise project progress toward stated deliverables.
- Graduates will be able to arbitrate trade-offs in delivering project success.
|PMGT 1010||Fundamentals of Project Management||3|
|PMGT 1030||Project Selection and Scope||3|
|PMGT 2010||Communication-Stakeholder & Quality Management||3|
|PMGT 2020||Project Data Analysis||3|
|PMGT 3020||Time, Cost and Risk Management||3|
|PMGT 4030||Project Management Laboratory||3|
Students must maintain a minimum 2.00 GPA.