School of Medicine
Kevin Behrns, M.D.
Dean of the School of Medicine
Robert M. Heaney, M.D.
Senior Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs
Joel C. Eissenberg, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Research
Julie K. Gammack, M.D.
Paul J. Hauptman, M.D.
Chad S. Miller, M.D. , FACP, FHM
Michael T. Railey, M.D.
Gregory S. Smith, Ph.D.
L. James Willmore, M.D.
John R. Martin, III, Ph.D.
Graduate Program Director and Director, Center for Anatomical Science and Education
Enrico Di Cera, M.D.
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Chairperson
F. David Schneider, M.D.
Medical Family Therapy Chairperson
William S. M. Wold, Ph.D.
Molecular Microbiology & Immunology Chairperson
Carole Vogler, M.D.,
Thomas P. Burris, Ph.D.
Pharmacology and Physiological Science Chairperson
Saint Louis University School of Medicine has a long tradition of excellence in teaching, research and patient care. Established in 1836, the school has the distinction of awarding the first medical degree west of the Mississippi River. Today, about 550 faculty members, 700 medical students and 550 residents in 48 graduate medical education programs, including residencies, subspecialty residencies and fellowships, call Saint Louis University home. The school is a leading center of research in five key areas: cancer, infectious disease, liver disease, aging and brain disorders, and heart/lung disease.
The Saint Louis University School of Medicine is fully accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME), the accrediting body for medical education in the United States.
- Anatomy, M.S.
- Anatomy, Ph.D.
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Ph.D.
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Ph.D. & Medicine, M.D. Dual Degree
- Family Therapy, M.A.
- Medical Anatomy and Physiology, Post-Baccalaureate Certificate
- Medical Family Therapy, Ph.D.
- Medicine, M.D.
- Medicine, M.D. & Business Administration, M.B.A. Dual Degree
- Medicine, M.D. & Public Health, M.P.H. Dual Degree
- Molecular Microbiology & Immunology, Ph.D.
- Pathology, Ph.D.
- Pharmacology & Physiological Science, Ph.D.