Quality and Performance Excellence, Post-Baccalaureate Certificate
Saint Louis University's quality and performance excellence graduate certificate is for students who want to focus on areas of health operations management, including quality improvement, process improvement, performance excellence and project management.
Health care organizations need to find ways to reduce costs while improving quality. Employers need employees with the analytical and content skills that this certificate provides. Not only will SLU's quality and performance excellence graduate certificate program apply to all resident Master of Health Administration (M.H.A.) and executive M.H.A. students who are currently in the program, it will also appeal to working professionals already in the field. As the field of quality and performance excellence grows, there will be an increasing need for an educational background in the subject.
SLU's quality and performance excellence program is designed for those looking to begin their career in quality, as well as those who have been working in the health care field and need to expand their knowledge in quality and performance excellence.
Fieldwork and Research Opportunities
While applied projects may be involved in any of the required courses, there is no additional fieldwork required for the certificate overall.
- Health services manager
- Health care administration
- Graduates work in careers involving the development, planning and management of health care operations and strategy. Quality assurance, operational efficiency, patient safety and supply chain departments often employ graduates. Common work settings include hospitals, clinics, nursing homes and other health care facilities.
Applicants should have a bachelor's degree with no less than a 3.00 grade point average. Test scores are preferably in the 50th percentile or higher, but there are no minimum cutoffs to be considered for admission, as students are considered using a holistic review process, including interviews.
|Tuition||Cost Per Credit|
Additional charges may apply. Other resources are listed below:
Scholarships and Financial Aid
For more information about Saint Louis University scholarships and financial aid, please visit the Office of Student Financial Services online at www.slu.edu/financial-aid.
Saint Louis University's College for Public Health and Social Justice is fully accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH). To see our most recent accreditation documentation, please visit the College for Public Health and Social Justice website.
- Graduates will be able to examine the relationships among stakeholders involved in improving clinical quality and enhancing operational excellence in the health care provider or payer settings.
- Graduates will be able to analyze how a health care organization functions with respect to routine clinical operations and quality and efficiency improvement initiatives.
- Graduates will be able to understand and apply theories, concepts and tools for improving quality in health care.
|HMP 5100||Quality Improvement in Health Care Management||3|
|HMP 5110||Health Operations Management||3|
|HMP 5810||Six Sigma Green Belt||3|
|HMP 5820||Health Care Project Management||3|
Students must maintain a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 in all graduate/professional courses.
Roadmaps are recommended semester-by-semester plans of study for programs and assume full-time enrollment unless otherwise noted.
Courses and milestones designated as critical (marked with !) must be completed in the semester listed to ensure a timely graduation. Transfer credit may change the roadmap.
This roadmap should not be used in the place of regular academic advising appointments. All students are encouraged to meet with their advisor/mentor each semester. Requirements, course availability and sequencing are subject to change.
|Critical course: HMP 5110||Health Operations Management||3|
|Critical course: HMP 5820||Health Care Project Management||3|
|Critical course: HMP 5100||Quality Improvement in Health Care Management||3|
|Critical course: HMP 5810||Six Sigma Green Belt||3|