Pass/No Pass Option
To enroll in a course on a pass/no pass basis undergraduate students must:
- Submit completed Petition for Pass/No Pass Grading Scale and
- Receive approval by the instructor.
The Pass/No Pass option may only be petitioned for elective courses.
Therefore, a Pass grade will count toward the 120-credit minimum graduation requirement.
A Pass grade may not be used to satisfy a course prerequisite.
A Pass grade cannot be applied to any of the following:
- Required lower and upper division courses within each college or school,
- Required course for a major,
- Required course for a minor,
- Required course for a concentration or
- Required course for a certificate
Both grades of Pass/No Pass are not awarded quality points and therefore are not calculated in the cumulative grade point average.
A course registered with a standard grade may be changed to a Pass/No Pass grade only through the last day of the add/drop period.
A course registered with a Pass/No Pass grade may be changed to a standard grade only through the last day of the add/drop period.
Note: See Registration Procedures for additional information.