Applications for all classified programs must be submitted electronically.
The following application documents are required:
- Application form with accompanying application fee
- Transcript(s) in English (original document in the original language and a certified English translation) from all previously attended colleges and universities
- If the GRE score is required, students must have an official score submitted by Educational Testing Service (ETS). Certain programs also accept the GMAT, LSAT, MAT or MCAT.
- Three letters of recommendation (preferably from recent instructors)
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (C.V.)
- Professional goal statement
- Possibly other specific documents, as required by the major field
The completed classified or certificate application form with the application fee must be submitted before the deadline set by the department or program. If an earlier date is not specified, the general deadlines are as follows:
- Summer: April 1
- Fall: July 1
- Spring: November 1
Each application for classified status is evaluated initially by an admissions committee in the proposed major field. The associate dean or director for graduate education of the particular college, school or center receives the recommendation(s) of the committee(s) and is responsible for making the final decision.